Nordson Dima B.V., part of the Nordson Advanced Technologies Group, which is a world leader in dispensing and plasma treatment equipment for the electronics, automotive, telecommunication and medical industry, is - for their location in Deurne - looking for an
ENGINEERING MANAGER - FULLTIME - M/F
The Engineering Manager directs the activities of the engineering functions related to mechanical, electrical and software engineering for the design of new products.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
Education and Experience Requirements
- Responsible for technical/engineering output of the engineering team for new product designs.
- Responsible for alignment between project specifications and product design
- Engages directly in design activities for projects, including initial concepts, design reviews, and overall system reviews
- Acts as an engineering liaison with manufacturing to ensure that processes and designs are compatible.
- Provides guidance to subordinates to achieve goals in accordance with established policies and design requirements
- Provides guidance to the drafting and modeling standards used to ensure alignment to industry standards
- Responsible for process development/continuous improvement of the engineering design processes.
- Lead technical projects, coordinating the cross-functional output of the engineering team, including electrical, software, and mechanical engineering efforts.
Skills and Abilities
- BS in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering, 5 years of management experience and 7-10 years Engineering Design experience.
- Experience with “Lean Product Development”, “Rapid Learning Cycles”, “Design for Six Sigma”, or other lean product development systems/methods.
- Experience as a technical project leader leading multi-discipline development (mechanical, electrical, and software)
- Experience with multi-axis, coordinated, robotic motion including motors/servo/tuning
- For Applicants with ME background: Experience with “solids-based” design control environment using Solidworks, CREO or similar tool
- For Applicants with EE background: Experience with schematic/layout design tools like CadStar, Altium, or similar tool.
- Experience with product conformance including CE, UL, CSA and other industry standards.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to handle multiple priorities with a high degree of flexibility
- Proven leadership and ability to drive high performance teams
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Proven track record of process implementation and improvement
- Working knowledge of MS Office products
If you are interested in this position, please send your application by using our Online Application Form
. For more information: Go to website